Salmon with Grappa Lemon Sauce
1/4 cup flour
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 8-ounce salmon filets
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons Grappa
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced shallots
4 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a shallow plate, combine the flour with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly dredge the filets in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, skin side up. Cook the salmon 3 minutes or until browned. Carefully turn the salmon and cook 3 to 4 minutes more or until the skin is browned and the salmon is almost cooked through. Remove the fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet. Add the chicken broth, 3 tablespoons of the Grappa, the lemon juice, and shallots. Boil until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Over low heat, whisk in the butter one piece at a time. Add the dill, salt, and pepper to taste. Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon Grappa.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon and serve.