Roast duck with prunes and apples
3,5 oz stoned dried prunes
4 tbsp Grappa
1 duck (88 oz)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp flour
1. Soak the prunes with the Grappa for 1 hour.
2. Clean the duck, rub the cavity with salt and pepper and then stuff with the soaked prunes and the apple, peeled and sliced.
3. Place the duck in an oven pan and brown in the oven at 374°F for 15 minutes, then add
750 ml of boiling water and roast at 320°F for two hours.
4. Before serving, strain the drippings into a saucepan, add the our and salt to taste, and boil to make a gravy.
5. Serve hot with the gravy on the side.