Prawn cocktail with Grappa sauce
1/4 cup of aged Grappa
16 prawn tails
2,2 oz iceberg lettuce
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 tbsp filtered lemon juice
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
Fine salt (to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)
- Blanch the prawn tails in boiling salted water, then peel them.
- Prepare a mayonnaise sauce. Using a food blender, blend the egg yolk (at room temperature) with the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Keeping the blender switched on, slowly add the oil over the back of a spoon until obtaining a homogeneous and dense sauce.
- At this point, put the mayonnaise sauce in a bowl and add the tablespoon of ketchup and half a glass of aged Grappa. Mix gently until obtaining a creamy, rosé sauce.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into strips.
- Now you can start the arrangement in a shot or tall glass. Place two prawn tails, a few strips of lettuce, a spoonful of sauce, and one more prawn tail.