Custard tarts with eau de vie
1,3 cups cream
1,3 cups whole milk
4,5 oz sugar
2 tbsp Grappa
2 egg yolks
12,5 oz sweet shortcrust pastry
Ground nutmeg for sprinkling
1. In a saucepan, slowly heat cream, milk, sugar, and Grappa.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and the egg yolks, then pour in the hot milk mixture, stir vigorously, and strain.
3. Roll out the pastry and place in a 24 cm round baking tin, fill with dried beans and bake at 347°F for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the beans and fill with the custard, sprinkle a little ground nutmeg on top and put back into the oven for 20 minutes, or until the custard is set.
5. Cool completely before serving.